5.01.2006

Why write at all?

I have been passionate about writing for as long as I can remember. Most often in the form of journaling, and most recently in the urgency to write thoughts down, even if it means pulling over to the side of the road to get my thoughts onto paper. I realize that this summer, ideally, I would love to have 8 hours every day to write you each a personal handwritten note- to hear about the adventure you're finding yourself in, what is going on wherever you are in the world, and to share some of what I'm a part of- but realistically, even individual emails are difficult on a regular basis. So this is my attempt to keep up with you all throughout the course of the summer, to both share what the Lord is teaching me and hear what is on your heart as well.

I want to share what I sense He has woken me up with every morning over the past few weeks:

"Now we should live when the pulse of life is strong...
Life is a tenuous thing...
fragile...
fleeting...
Don't wait for tomorrow.
Be here now!
Be here now!
Be here now!"

Wherever you are, whatever chapter you are currently in, my prayer is that we would find the strength to finish well. That we would never partially close off one story and begin another book without giving it all we have.

I hate unfinished projects. The traces of loose ends all over my desk even now- emails not yet responded to, gifts not adequately thanked for, relationships in limbo, unkept promises, and conversations left open-ended-

It is more than simply completing a to do list, but rather seeking excellence in all we do. I despise having stopped short on a run when I mentally determined to last a certain distance. On the flip side, one of the most refreshing feelings I know is going to bed at night, utterly exhausted, yet spent knowing that I poured out all I had to give.

Just a little encouragement, friends. I am certainly no expert on this and am convicted daily of this foreign call to live life to the fullest and pursue excellence in all I do-

3 comments:

Todd Henriksen said...

I just happened to click on your facebook page today and I noticed you had a blog. I really enjoyed your post and I totally agree! I know I haven't seen you in a long time, but I hope everything is going well for you. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hey dear- Like Todd said, i randomly looked ar your profile today and saw you had a blog site. you write so beautifully whit. im praying for your summer adventures, and really do want to hear how everything is going. Let me know if i can do anything for you! i love you girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh Whitney Lynn,

How I do love you girl. I am so challenged/inspired/encouraged by you-- and I am also in prayer for you. I will be on the move until June 10th, but after that you can expect to get some fun moose-kissin' mail up at camp! I love and miss you lots! Keep writing as I am always so blessed to read your thoughts-- He is so evident in all you say and do, Whit. I love you! -Ash