6.03.2010

a little some'en some'en to make you smile today:)

Wanna watch a 2 1/2 minute video of kids saying thanks? Trust me, it's worth it. Take a work break and click here: http://www.doulosdiscovery.org/. I hope it is especially encouraging to supporters and family who give and pray over the lives here.  Many of the kids in this video are my students in MS English class, my girls in YL Bible study.

Today Tim and I are at home, enjoying yet another of the inordinate amount of national holidays la Republica Dominicana has to offer.  We're not complaining.  Thank you, Corpus Christi.  Unfortunately, my backpack is 7 pounds heavy with papers-yet-to-be-graded.  Since grades are due tomorrow, I will be on lockdown for the rest of the day, working through essays, tests, and memoirs.

Tim and I fly to the states after graduation, late next Friday night.  We will head to Austin just in time to celebrate his 10 year reunion.  After that we'll spend a week with his family and then head to Tyler for family camp at Pine Cove: Woods.  We'll spend the rest of our summer touching base with supporters, inviting more folks to join our team, playing with nephews, devouring good hamburgers and BBQ, soaking up sleep, and searching for the perfect dog:)

1 comment:

Erin said...

10 year reunion??!! Tim - you're old. Praying this last stretch of school is a success, dear friends! Let us know when you'll be around the southeast, and we'll try to make the daniel/scarborough reunion happen! Love you two.