12.12.2010

Que está pasando

What's exhausting me these days...
Expeditions, YL Camp, curriculum writing, ACSI accreditation, end of the year parties, and grading papers.
What's been my escape...
A charming yet moving book I just finished this morning, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  It was lovely.
What's lacking...
Party mix, cold weather, assorted popcorn tins, National Lampoon's Christmas Vaction, peppermint bark, and Joe's cookies.

What's gotten me into the holiday spirit...
A stunning, 10-foot, live tree in our living room (legally cut down and paid for, Bolivia crew), mixed playlists, featuring Manheim, Mariah, Bing, and Ray, lights on the house, and "pocket" advent activities with students.
What's been on the forefront of my mind...
Upcoming vacation, including a beach trip here, Tim's whole family in our Dominican home, and a 3 year anniversary retreat.

What brings me a smile every day...
Our clumsy dog. At 55 pounds and growing, Beaux still tries to sit in our laps.
What's energizing me...
Quality time studying the Word with high school girls, many of whom are seeking and wrestling and growing.

3 comments:

Melissa Hoffman said...

love the update! I cannot wait to begin my Christmas pocket's. Your fam is the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Awesome post, just want to say thanks for the share

Lisa said...

Miss you friend.